- What all is included when it comes to determining weight division? Rider plus EVERYTHING your horse will wear/carry at the ride? Even water or horse treats and rider snacks you carry on the ride? Even the bridle and reins?
- Do you all clip your horses? By this I'm asking about bridlepath, chin hairs, pastern/fetlock hair, hair around the coronet band? Right now Arabee's hair-do is au naturel, and I like it - especially her full mane! The fetlock hair I could do without.....but clipping is a pain! (plus I'd have to re-re-purpose the clippers.....originally they were strictly for the horses, then as I got out of showing, I started cutting hubby's hair with them.....maybe he won't mind sharing again?!)
- Do you carry water for yourself on the trail? If so - how do you do it?
- What clothing do you wear on ride day?
- What all DO you carry on a ride? How do you carry it?
I'm trying to figure out what all I will actually need to have vs. what I will want to have on a ride. With the AERC convention trade show on 2/20 I hope to fill in most of what I don't have that I will need. Unfortunately the conservative, bare bones list I've already come up with is staggeringly expensive when I add up the estimated prices, not counting shipping or tax!!
I have a feeling I'll need different kinds of stuff for while on the trail, and stuff for vet checks. The handbook has a great list - but some of it is redundant it seems, so again it would be WONDERFUL if any of you are willing to share what you pack with you on rides, and what you pack for your crew! Thank you ahead of time :-)