Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One of these things is not like the other

Took some pictures today. Arabee and her pasture-mates.


One day, maybe, I will take a photography class and learn how to take actual, real-good pictures. For now, I will have to settle for pitiful substitutes of the real thing. There is SO much beauty in this world, broken as it is. I was just awestruck this evening standing out in the yard, watching the clouds, puffing white, yet rainbow-colored at the same time. Amazing. I don't know if a camera even COULD catch that level of prettiness.

Pictures are nice, but they just don't match the real thing. I love having pictures, but something about looking through a lens at the world really distorts actually experiencing life. Kind of ironic that I'd post pictures on a day I talk about this, eh?

1 comment:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Photos are not like experiencing the real thing but I think looking back at past pictures helps me remember what the day was like.