Thursday, June 16, 2011

I rode Yesterday

Got the kids to bed early, they were T.I.R.E.D. from our camping trip that we'd taken, I left the house at 7:34pm in breeches and boots and helmet in hand.

Whistled for Arabee, and she came galloping in with the goats.

Got her out, looked her over, tacked up, thankfully noticed that the buckle on the rein was not all the way in, fixed that, reviewed that stirrups are not scary (no big deal, for her this time) then got up.

Just walked, stopped, turned, doing my best to stay in both of our comfort zones. I don't want a rodeo. Just want a calm, quiet, safe ride. And I hadn't ridden my horse in a LONG time, and didn't longe her first, either.

It was fun. By the end my legs were trembling like jello, it was plainly time to stop for the night, though I still had plenty of daylight.

When I got in the house, I was surprised to see the clock read 8:34!! I'd only been out an hour!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

I ride bareback a lot and have found that the looser I keep my legs the less they get sore.

FYI, I'm having trouble posting comments. See here
(http://rdxhorses.blogspot.com/2011/06/trouble-posting-comments.html) for a solution?

Nicole said...

Thanks for the heads-up on the comments. I changed something on the settings....maybe it will help?